About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 10 November 2008

Bury St Edmunds

Well, I had a great time in Bury St Edmunds! It's a lovely town with lots of little streets off the main roads, filled with interesting shops...I just wished I had had longer to look around.
The Stamp Hut is a great store, filled with oodles of crafting treasures, and I was made very welcome there. "Hello" to all the lovely ladies that I met and I hope you are all having fun with your purchases! I was so busy that I just didn't get chance to take any pictures of everyone around my table, but I did take one or two of the samples before I left.

To the left is part of my (as usual, rather messy!) table and here is a canvas which I made using a mixture of Ranger products - acrylic paint dabbers, crackle paints and distress inks etc and featuring one of Tim Holtz's stamps. I love creating one off pieces like these, where I just go with the flow and see what happens!

Below is a Vintage lady stamped and smudged using Distress ink in Walnut Stain (a great colour)
and mounted onto a panel made with alcohol inks on gloss card. The background paper is from the Blue Awning Range from K & Co.

I must say "thank you" to Leonie for adding a link to this blog from hers and for using one of my stamps in the kits that she is selling to raise funds
for the Princes Trust - do check out her kits if you haven't already seen them. I don't know where Leonie finds time to do everything! Here's a great picture of Leonie and Tim when we were all together at Topaz Crafts earlier this year....
isn't it a lovely photograph?


Well, I had a very lazy day yesterday to recover from all the travelling on friday and saturday. Today has been catching up with
emails and finalising details for my next group of demonstrations.
So, if any of you are in the Brighouse area (yes, home of the brass band!) on saturday, do come alng and say hello. I'd love to see you.
Till next time, keep warm and cosy, Lindsay

No comments: