About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 27 November 2008

Tagging along to Kendal!

Thank you to Leonie for "tagging" me! My mission (if I choose to accept it of course!) is to give seven random facts about myself and then "tag" seven other people. A bit of fun and a way of connecting blogs. So, here goes.....

1. All my "Cherry the cat" designs are a tribute to our beloved cat (Cherry of course!) who passed away four years ago. She was a little sweetheart and we still miss her.

2. I believe in ghosts and supernatural goings on. Would love to spend a night in a haunted location...but not on my own!

3. I was originally a wildlife and landscape artist and Russell Grant (the astrologer) was one of my clients.

4. My sister is Heather Fenn-Edwards, an award winning beadworker whose stunning work can be seen on Beadworkers Guild stands and in magazines.

5. I grew up in Blackpool where my parents ran a hotel. We had season tickets to all the shows and saw everyone from the Beatles, the Who, and the Kinks through to Gene Pitney and the Bee Gees....I was very, very young at the time!

6. I stayed at Duncan Bannatyne's (Dragon's Den)hotel in Darlington and he was in the restaurant at breakfast. I think he must be the richest person that I've ever been in the same room with! He looked a bit scary though!

7. I love animals of every description, so my birthday treat this year was to go to Chester zoo. Brilliant! Long story, but I also had the very first ticket to Blackpool zoo and entered behind Johnny Morris on an elephant (Johnny Morris, not me!).

Now for my seven "taggees"! Debs from http://debscards.blogspot.com/
Clare at http://hornersartycorner.blogspot.com/
Jan at http://janbloomfield.blogspot.com/
the talented ladies at http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
She at http://craftyshe.blogspot.com/
Paula Pascual at http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/
Michelle at http://cardgrotto.blogspot.com/

I don't have photos to upload tonight, but I'll be taking pictures at Kendal on Saturday, so shall post them on my return. Hope to see some of you there at Grosvenor House Papers...it's well worth a trip to. I've been making "shelf" cards and Iris folding using stamps this week, so do pop back for a look at the samples. I'm not sure how cold it will be in Kendal, but, if there's any snow I'll be sure to get a good picture! Enjoy the weekend everyone and do come and say hello if you are in the area on Saturday. Lindsay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for tagging me. Wow - tagged by one of my fav stamp designers. Thanks again.

Lesley said...

Just seen this on My Time To Craft! Thanks Lindsay :) xx

Lindsay Mason said...

No problem ladies! Enjoy looking at both your blogs - there are a lot of talented people out there. Lindsay x