About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 18 February 2009

What a great weekend!

I'm back home again now and all the hard work in creating new designs and making up samples was worth it. It was a really busy weekend which began by travelling to Birmingham and checking into our usual hotel before heading off to the NEC where the Personal Impressions stand had been built and was being filled with all the new products, and then tweaked and polished in readiness for the influx of visitors the next day. This is my demonstration stand all nicely set up for action...and lovely and tidy before I get started of course! It was icy cold as there is no heating in the massive hall on set up day and, of course, the huge doors are constantly open so that companies can bring all their goods through. We finished around 7.45pm and then headed back to the hotel for a meal and a well earned night's sleep!
Day two, Sunday, and it's an early start and the first time that one really notices all of the stands which seem to have miraculously grown overnight! Everything is sparkling, shiny and new looking but there's no time to look as we need to get ready. I discovered that my cards, popped into the cupboard below my table for safety, had been squished under boxes when an electrician had to do a running repair in there - so I had to do some repairs myself first thing (yes, the electrician did get out alive.....just! As you can see, Tim Holtz was demonstrating the wonderful new additions to his range on his table to the left of mine.
I was a lot happier than I look in this picture at my work area! You can see some of the rest of our stand behind me. To the right of me was the board showing all our latest stamps - including new clear stamp sets.
It's always exciting to see what reaction the
new images will get as you may imagine. I'm pleased to say that the comments were very positive!

Here are a selection of the cards that I made using my new designs. The owl is from a clear set of four bird images - you know how I love birds!



Of course, I had to come up with new shelves! This is the Toy Shelf and there is also a new Wizard shelf for all the Harry Potter fans and aspiring magicians out there! The "Dream" card has one of my retro stamps along with some gorgeous K&Co acetate die cuts. The vibrant panel is made with alcohol inks used on a new canvas sheet that Personal Impressions are selling - it's fabulous stuff!
The day went very quickly, even though it was 9am - 6pm with just about no breaks all day. A busy day always goes fast. I met lots of people who I only ever see at the show, so it was great to catch up with them and find out how they were doing. That evening we had a meal and an early night!
I will post "part 2" tomorrow, as the Blogger is working very sloooowly tonight and keeps freezing. So, I shall say goodnight and do check back tomorow for more and also for pictures of exciting Candy! Lindsay

4 comments:

Lynnda said...

It was great to see at the weekend Lindsey, however fleetingly.
We had a great time as always but as we were exhibting for the firts time we had the added tension of trying to learn the ropes from that side of the show. everyone was really kind and helpful.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOw looks like you have had a busy weekend, although it flew past. Love the cards. Will pop back later to see part 2. Hazelxo

Sarah McCrossan said...

Good Afternoon Lindsay,
It was really nice to see you on Sunday, and yes I wish we had more time to chat.
I will pop in and see you when your at Dawns for your workshop!
We will have a nice cuppa!
You stand was wonderfull and the samples made with your new designs were delightful.
Well done you!
Hope David is feeling better, take care, Love Sarah xxx

Lesley said...

Your new stamps look fab - I love birds, especially owls so will put those on my wish list! xx