About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Sunday 17 May 2009

I'm still here!

Hello everyone, and sorry for being so long in posting....the rumour that my leg had got infected and dropped off is not true! Lol! No, I have had my head down, putting finishing touches to the "hush hush" project that I'm working on. I've just about hit my deadline for this stage, so am feeling rather relaxed this evening, although I start work on brand new stamp designs as of tomorrow. It's all go!
Since my last post I had a lovely busy day at Ream's in Derby, where the staff and customers were very welcoming, friendly and enthusiastic. Jill's son even kept me topped up with hot drinks all day and I was given bottle of wine before I left! Yesterday was a full day of teaching at JGD Crafts in Sutton, where a lovely group of ladies had lots of fun making a varied selection of distressed, stamped and inked cards. There was a lot of laughter, but they still managed to make some stunning cards.
I shall be at the Garden centre craft shops (ex Craft Central stores) in Chester-Le-Street and Carlisle this coming Saturday and Sunday, so please pop in if you are in the area this weekend. I'll be demonstrating Sakura pens on both these days and will have ATC's to swap, so bring one or two with you if you are coming along. I will be showing various techniques, including stamping, working on acetate and doodling. I have some nice train journeys to look forward to, as the scenery is stunning along the northern routes. Hopefully I won't have any confrontations with yobs this time either!
For those of you who had asked me to email any further lists of my clear out items, everything has now gone, so my lists are no more! There is a nice space where the clutter was, although it does seem to be managing to fill itself up again rather alarmingly! Some new boxes will hopefully keep everything in reasonable order though....no more collapsing drawers!
We've had a mixture of warm sunshine, winds and torrential rain in this last week and the trees seem to have swelled to twice their size. "Our" birds and beasties are all doing well, and, as I type this, some of our regular pigeons are tapping on the window as if to order more bird seed! They are comical characters. On a natural history note, I emailed Channel 4 last night after seeing Bear Grylls (not someone I normally watch) confronting a huge Boa Constrictor in Belize. It was a beautiful, awe inspiring snake - until Mr Grylls decided to kill it because it "had a lot of meat on it". It was sickening and a complete waste of a magnificent animal. Had he really been stuck in a jungle, starving, then, obviously he could be justified in doing what he needed to do to survive. However, he was simply making a programme about survival and I was absolutely fuming (and still am, as you may guess) that he and Channel 4 thought that this was okay behaviour. I'll let you know what they have to say when I hear from them. Rant over!
Well, this has been a loooong weekend, so I am just about to nip out to the Chinese takeaway - something that we don't have very often, but we are both shattered, so are having a really lazy night. Lovely!
I shall post again, with pictures, soon. Lindsay

3 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Hello, Was wondering what you were up to. Glad your leg didn't fall off. LOL
Weather here has been changable too. Very nice then really wintry again!
Take Care, Hazelxo

Joanne said...

Just managing to keep my head above water too, not from work though but this torrential rain! When will it ever stop? I love your acrylic stamp set of birds so am eagerly awaiting the next masterpieces plus the 'mysterious' project. Have some ATCs for you to choose from on 31st and lookinf forward to some Sakura tips. Take care, and stop watching gory tv progs..!!! xxxxxxxx

Mrs Mac said...

I'm still here too!!

I don't watch Bear Watsit, he really gives me the irrits.