About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 27 July 2009

Another great weekend...and new stamps!

I got back last night from a lovely weekend at Crafts U Love near Horley in Surrey. As I was arriving on the friday there was an almighty thunderstorm with very dramatic fork lightning and hailstones...typical July weather I suppose! On saturday I was demonstrating in the morning and teaching in the afternoon - one workshop was about using alcohol inks with metallic film and stamps and the second was using Cherry the cat stamps. Sunday was demonstrations again and then a workshop on making a box of delights with a butterfly theme. It was great to meet lots of new people as well as catching up with familiar faces.
I caught up with Jennette and her mum who I haven't seen for a couple of years - Jennette has lost over nine stone since I last saw her, so I did a double take! They were staying at the same hotel as me, so we had a lovely couple of hours with Paula and Geoff (on the right), the lovely couple who run Crafts U Love...nice to have time to talk as we rarely get a chance to.
Next is a picture of my, as usual, messy table, filled with alcohol inks which I was using on peel offs, with stamps, on metallic film, acetate and gloss card...messy but fun! Lastly you can see Paula's mum having a root about in my suitcase....with my permission! I had samples of new stamps in there and everyone was having a look. Check out Crafts U Love website and blog for more pictures.
My journey home was slightly fraught as the underground had a lot of line closures because of weekend engineering works. I was given all sorts of conflicting directions, and went on several tube trains before I finally got to Euston....I was the mad woman careering through the station, bags flying everywhere and muttering "get out of the way" as I ran through the crowds and just caught my train! I didn't want a repeat of the last incident at Euston!
So, as you will have gathered, Personal Impressions have new stamp designs about to be released. The ladies this weekend had a sneaky peek, but I will be demonstrating some of my designs for the first time at the weekend extravaganza at Dawn Bibby's Design Studio and Oswaldtwistle Mill...I'm usually up at the Mill along with Leonie and Sarah as well as Amy,Brenda, Jayne and Mary. If you would like a sneaky peek though, pop onto the Personal Impressions website (on my links at the side) and check them out. There are loads of new designs, but if you did want to know which are mine, just put my name into the search bar and all my stamps will come up. I have done a larger Cherry design as so many people had asked for one - hope you like it! As well as penguins, snowmen, owls etc. I am working on card samples this week, so, for those of you who can't get up to see us I shall pop photos on next week of course.
For those of you who are coming along, please remember to bring ATC's to swap! I'll post again before the weekend, Lindsay

2 comments:

angie's blogspot said...

looking forward to seeing you on sunday, will you have the sheets of stamps for sale like you had on qvc? I hope so, as I loved them, your new designs are lovely too.

Lindsay Mason said...

Hi Angie, the new stamp sets that were on QVC will be on general sale from September and new clear Christmas sets will be out about the second week of August. This weekend I'll have the new woden backed and also unmounted rubber stamp sets. There will be some clear sets this weekend though I'm sure! Look forward to seeing you! Lindsay x