About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Fairyland

Although it was snowing last night it was still a wonderful moment when I looked outside this morning and saw the fairyland of white, powdery snow that had completely transformed the landscape. Everything was hushed and peaceful and perfect. I love the way that this depth of snow makes even the most urban views look magical. This picture came out better than I'd hoped, even capturing the falling snowflakes - heavenly! The BBC were talking abot 3" of snow where we are, but it was more like 9", as you can see from the picture of our car as we began to free it from the igloo that was surrounding it! It was David's birthday today and we ventured out for a bit of sightseeing. The main roads were largely fine as they had been salted and gritted. There were lots of children and adults alike having fun with sledges - either cascading down hills or using them to pull toddlers or shopping along the pavements! Brilliant!
We finally called into a garden centre which has all the usual things plus a miniature railway and lots of vintage signs as you can see. I think we were the only people there this afternoon, which just added to the atmosphere of a silent fairyland.

Here are the birdhouses, feeders and benches which look more like a tiny village in the snow!

Here's the little snowman that had been built by the staff (we guess) who had a really cute expression on his face!
This picture could well inspire me to create something distressy and arty! Very Tim Holtz don't you think?!
Well, hope you enjoyed my snow scenes and hope that everyone is safe and warm tonight. Don't forget to feed the birds some extra scraps tomorrow...we've stocked up on all the seeds, nuts and fatballs today - honestly...they eat better than we do! Lindsay

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Lurv that last shot...snow is beautiful!
xoxo

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday David. Your snow pictures are gorgeous. It may be cold but certainly everywhere is magical especially at sunset. Our Mr & Mrs Blackie and Robin are the fattest birds around and the snow gives away the nightly haunts of the local cats. It seems that one likes to sit on the edge of our small pond under the tree. Must watch out for that one so it doesn't have a fish supper!! xxxx

sharon said...

What fantastic pictures Lindsay! Beautiful.