About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 27 January 2010

WOYWW

Well, as Hazel has been sharing her enviably tidy table with everyone for the last two Wednesdays I decided to follow suit.....although you'll see that a/ mine is incredibly untidy and b/ it isn't exactly a worktable! I very often work on the floor as in this picture, where I was prepping some samples for my demonstration at Heart of Craft in Carlisle this Saturday.

Hazel, I can relate far more to your workroom with the dodgy drawer! In case anyone hasn't seen the pictures on various blogs, WOYWW means "What's on Your Worktable Wednesday" (I hope that's right anyway!) so, a bit of fun for everyone to share their mess with the world!

As you can see, I had been making a Grungepaper flower, which proved trickier than it should have done as I discovered I had no paper clips! I had one bulldog clip and David provided his fingers and thumbs to hold the other elements for me as they set!

I have promised to do a post about advice for anyone thinking about designing rubber stamps because it is probably the thing I get asked about the most in emails and when I am chatting to people. I have been a little delayed in doing it, but it will definitely be my next post!

Anyway, hope my shockingly messy "workfloor" has made some of you feel less guilty about your own untidy work areas! Lindsay

5 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Great workspace Lindsay. Good luck with the samples. Those grunge paper flowers have a mind of their own! but look stunning. Have fun in Carlisle.xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hee hee mine is only tidy cause I don't want too much mess before I move so trying really hard to tidy up after myself!!!! We just bagged a lot of stuff when I moved in here and lost my fav scissors and some other bits so decided to be tidier until I get my own house! Thanks for sharing yours, thats what mine usually looks like a wee space in the corner to work!!
Love Hazelxox

Sharon Noble said...

Great space Lindsay , i have to say i haven't heard of sharing your work space pictures and i wonder how many of us craft on our ironing tables? I had to buy a spare one as i kept putting my poor hubby to work with glittery shirts :P LOL.. Hope your well I haven't chatted to you in ages , If you have a min pop along to my blog and get the blog award for friendship. xxx
hugs and best wishes
Sharon.

Joanne said...

I couldn't craft on the floor if I tried. I painted the bedroom skirting last Saturday and couldn't get up off my knees. In the evening they were so swollen I wished they belonged to someone else! Just going back to your photo with a magnifying glass to see if I can spot any 'secret' candy!! xxx

Artyjen said...

Love the look of your flower.....a tidy workspace? The sign of an uncreative mind!