About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 12 February 2010

A correction!

Hello all, firstly, I just need to correct the details that I gave for the shop where I'll be demonstrating in Cockermouth in a couple of weeks.....I thought it was called "Just Ali's" but it is actually "Al's". Not sure if it was my brain or my ears that were out of action when I was given the details!

Well, I have been working hard all week on samples for the trade show and for the 23rd February craft day on QVC. I am receiving packets of new stamps every day or two and it's always exciting to see the new designs actually made up. There's no time for dithering and pondering about what to create, it is a case of getting stuck in and getting on with it! My pile of cards is growing higher by the day now, so I just need to keep the momentum going.

The card above is not one from my current pile but I didn't want to post without a picture, so this is one from last weekend's demonstrations. I used my Fairy Silhouette and Sue Dix's Swirl along with the Flower Vine MS punch. I wasn't sure about that one until I tried it, as I thought it might look too formal, but once I had used it I soon changed my mind! I used Versamagic ink pads to colour the paper and to stamp the images. I also used Holographic powder all over the fairy panel and then overheated it so that some of the powder sank back in - this gives a very ethereal look with some areas sparkling and others not. I inked the inside of the card to show off the punched edge and the greeting was from my Messages set 1. I'm taking pictures of my new cards etc and will post pictures of those after the shows.

Apologies to anyone that I have not replied to by email yet - I haven't forgotten and everything is on my "to do" list! I really appreciate the comments, cards, ATC's and emails that I get, they do mean a lot to me.

I got some new MS punches this week: ladybirds, bunnies, cupcakes, hearts, ornate fences and various floral borders which are for the demonstration at Crafty by Nature in a couple of weeks. I haven't had much time to use them as yet, but I'm going to start combining them with the new stamps tomorrow. They are all gorgeous and some are really cute too! Even David is impressed, and he isn't usually enthusiastic about punches! We also had another delivery here this week - more snow! It came on very rapidly, with huge flakes falling fast and thick and was covering the trees and the ground quite thickly. Then the sun came out, the snow stopped as suddenly as it started and all that was left was a dusting in the corners of the gardens. Oh well, it was beautiful while it lasted!

Talking of David, he is telling me to hurry up as dinner is almost ready, so I had better go before the Yorkshire Puddings get burned waiting for me to finish! Have a great weekend everyone, Lindsay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay. Hope you and David are well. I love this card. looking forward to seeing you on Craft Day! Good luck - not that you need it, you are a natural. Hopefully catch up with you soon. Looking forward to seeing your new designs. Love S xxxx