About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 23 September 2010

Chunky Book Pictures

I just managed to take pictures of my wonderful Chunky Book before the skies turned a mix of grey, purple and yellow, the Heaven's opened and the thunder and lightning began. One roll of thunder was so close and so loud that I felt the floor vibrating...I kid you not! Anyway, my camera is still determined to turn things blue, so some of the pages don't look quite as colourfully purple as they really are. So, thanks to all the talented ladies who took part and especially to Heather for arranging the swap and for making all the covers and putting the pages togrther so artfully. Here is the front cover which Heather made featuring some of my favourite colours! The remaining pictures show each person's page on the right and the previous page back on the left....hope that makes sense! Next is the inside cover and the "Timekeeper" page created by Alison Brandist.....lots of textures, masking, great colours and images on this page - love it! The next picture shows the "Heart and Soul" page by Sandra Zengler. This one has really rich colours and I love the words that Sandra has chosen. The next picture is of "Heavy Metal" by Heather Fenn-Edwards (my sis, who organised the whole thing). There's so much going on in this page and, if I'm not mistaken, Heather has used the "Drunken Scotch" technique to create the scrumptious background. Very tactile.Next is my page, "It's only Words". I used alcohol inks, acetate, stamps etc to create this one.This spooky page is by Sheila King. It's for the theme "A Ghost in the Machine" and I love all the cobwebs. When David looked through the book he said this page was his favourite!Next is a very elegant page by Joanne Parkin. It's the page entitled "With a Little Flourish"...this was the page I struggled the most with, so I was really impressed with Joanne's interpretation. The amount of work on this is really something though you can't really see the dimension here.Here is the "I Dreamed a Dream" page by June Benton which looks much more purple and aqua in real life than it does here. June has done some lovely, shimmery spritzing on this page and lots of collagey stamping to create this very ethereal page. Hilda Moffett created this next page entitled "Vintage Journeys". An array of tickets, case, maps etc adorn the page and I especially like the pennant shapes at the side....black and white Glossy Enamels unless I'm mistaken! I was quite chuffed that I got this next page by Susan Jenneys (Artyjen) because it was my favourite of her pages that she put on her blog! This one is for the theme "Take Flight" and Sioux used Grungepaper to stamp her images onto. Once coloured they have been adorned with Distress Stickles (careful how you say that out loud folks!!!). Very evocative. Finally, this shows the inside back cover that Heather made and includes a list of everyone who took part...attention to detail or what?! So, there you have it, what a treasure indeed. Keep an eye on Heather's blog as she may well be doing more unusual swaps after Christmas - meanwhile she does run a monthly ATC swap that you can join in. By the way, as the idea was to make chunky pages that also included Ranger products (though not strictly) I thought I'd photograph my book on a suitable background....any idea? It's my coveted Ranger apron!
Off to relax for a bit now, so see you back here soon. Lindsay

3 comments:

Sarah A said...

Hi Lindsay

Wow this is amazing, so many amazing pages and what a lovely creation!

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Having seen this 'in the flesh' I know how gorgeous it is. Love S xx

Artyjen said...

Am going to post my book pages when I arrive home....it was a big thrill to be involved and will cherish it forever :)
xoxo Siouxa