About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 22 September 2010

New workshop dates

Rena and I have arranged a couple more workshops to be held at Dawn's studio, so thought I'd update all my classes in this post as it may be a week or two till they go into my sidebar. So, as of now, the forthcoming workshops are:
Saturday 23rd October 10am-1pm: "An introduction to Art Journalling".....creating backgrounds, learning to draw figures, doodling etc. Please bring your own Promarkers/Copics but if you don't have these I'll provide you with alternative colouring mediums.
Saturday 23rd October 1.30pm-4.30pm: "Christmas Cute but Clever"....we'll be using a selection of my stamps to create cards and more. Just bring your usual workshop essentials.
Sunday 5th December 10am-1pm: "Fairy Doors"....by popular demand we are running this workshop again for those who missed out last time. We'll be using Grungeboard, paints, crackle mediums etc plus lots of little extras to create magical doors that you can place in a room as an entrance to Fairyland. This one is definitely for those of us who refuse to grow up!!! Just bring workshop essentials.
Sunday 5th December 1.30pm-4.30pm: "Altered Christmas Decorations".....time to create some new tree decorations or to give as gifts. We'll be creating little works of art from scratch and recycling some tired baubles as well! Just bring workshop essentials.
All the above workshops are £20 each - please contact Topaz Crafts to book a place. The Art Journalling and Cute Christmas are filling up fast, so if you fancy coming to either of those don't hang about! Hope that the new date is okay for those of you who requested the workshop repeats, but I don't have that many free weekend days left before you know what! Don't forget to check my demonstration dates as I'll be updating these regularly as usual. This Saturday I'll be at Crafty's in Liverpool and in Strikes, Thornton (near Blackpool) on Sunday, if you are in the area.
Well, I meant to take photos of my Chunky Book and ATC's today but, by the time I had ferreted everything out from their "safe" places amongst all the mountain of bags and boxes that are still waiting to be sorted out from the weekend, it had got too dull. I will try to get the pics tomorrow so that I can share the wonderful pieces with you.
Today has been spent (as well as searching for things which takes an unfeasible chunk out of my day!) making samples for this weekend's demonstrations. I've been stamping, colouring, punching, die cutting, sticking etc. I'll be doing the more messy, inky stuff tomorrow. My theory was that if I did the "cleaner" elements today that I wouldn't get messy marks on my samples....mmmmm, not too sure about that though.....seem to find messy marks whatever I'm doing! Oh well, more snowflakes, Stickles and flowers to camouflage then!
Off to do a little more colouring now and will be back before the weekend with pictures. Lindsay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay :-) Gues who has just booked and is coming to play! Can't wait! Love S x

Lindsay Mason said...

Mmmmmmmm....let me guess....could it be you She? Lol! Glad you can make it. Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Oh clever girl. :-) Really should read my comments before submitting and check all spellings!! See you soon. Love and hugs to you and David. Sheils xxxxx