About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 24 January 2011

A few cards...

As promised, here are a few pictures of some cards that I made on Saturday using the Darkroom Door stamps.
This first one uses paper from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby paper stash which I tinted with Distress inks and a light spritz of the new Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom Gold. I stamped one of the Art de Fleur vol 2 images onto PI's 300gsm card which I'd blended Distress inks onto. I spritzed with water and brushed water over certain areas of the stamped image. I then added the sentiment from the same DD set and the small Tour Eiffel from the set of the same name. I alcohol inked some Petaloo flowers to tone and added those as well as a hint of colour to the stamped flowers. The next card uses the 300 gsm card too. I stamped the beach huts from the DD set Seaside Vol 2 using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I heated the ink to dry it before using my waterbrush to draw the ink in from the stamped image to colour tint it. I tore the image and that of a piece of paper from Tim's Lost & Found stash...I am back into tearing I think! I layered these up and added the stamped shells from the same set, coloured as before. The lovely sentiment is also from the same set...love that teensy script!I simply tied some twine around to finish the card. The final card has a Bazzill Basics base to it. I tore (see what I mean!) a piece from the Vintage Shabby paper stash and added it to the front. I stamped the starfish panel, shells and words (DD Seaside Vol 1) onto PI gloss coated card using Black Stazon and coloured them using Le Plume pens. For the sentiment I literally streaked the pen across very quickly to give texture to the panel. The shells were cut out with a tiny border just to show them up better. I made a small hole in the card spine, threaded twine through and tied it round, parcel style, knotting at the front. I threaded single strands of the twine through three buttons and added them over the twine on the card using 3d foam on either side.
So, hope you like my nod to Summer! And not a hint of purple anywhere...amazing! Lindsay

3 comments:

Joanne said...

These are lovely, so fresh it makes me feel summer is just around the corner - I hope!
x

SusieJ said...

I love them! Great techniques too.
Sue xx

Amy Shaw said...

Stunning - as always!
Cannot wait for your journalling workshop on the 6th Feb - So excited!!
x