About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Wednesday....already?

It can't be Wednesday already. Where is this week vanishing to? It seems only a couple of days since we were in Liverpool, but no, it's actually four...crikey. (See how good I am being about not using exclamation marks?!) (ooops!).
I have been carrying on making show samples for Stitches all week and, looking down at my work area, and realising that it was, indeed Wednesday, I thought I'd share my mess with you.....well, why should I suffer alone?! As you can see, I'm being as tidy as usual! Apart from all my usual things, I have had my laptop, diary, mobile and landline phones (I know....but one is for dialling out and one is for incoming calls....don't ask...it's to do with dodgy buttons!) close at hand this week to deal with last minute, pre show organising. Also, don't ask why there is a little hot water bottle there! This was taken near the end of my work day, so it does look incredibly messy, and of course, half an hour earlier it was as tidy as anything.....mmmm, right....!Also, look who popped by just to see if she could help! This is Speckle who is one of Fred's offspring - Fred is our most long standing visitor and my favourite. I think Speckle thought I was in dire need of her assistance given that she actually came in through the window and perched there, checking all my work! Well, this is just a quick post as the evening is wearing on now and it's time to relax for a bit. Just a reminder that after Stitches is over I shall be back on the road, or rail, and travelling up to Darlington for my day at The Art Shop on Saturday 26th. So, hope to see some of you there again for another day of creative ideas.
The weekend after that, I will be at Dawn's Design Studio on both Saturday and Sunday to teach more workshops. On Saturday we'll be making Easter Cards featuring stamping in the morning. In the afternoon we'll be making Shadow boxes based on Tim Holtz's Configurations and other Ranger products. If you are coming to this workshop you may wish to bring some "treasures" with you....little bottles, broken watches, old jewellery or any small mementos that you'd like to incorporate. Not to worry if you don't have anything, as I'll have some pieces with me and we'll be making some things as well. You'll also be able to add your own things to the box when you take it home of course.
On Sunday morning we'll be creating a mixed media Guardian Angel to adorn your wall. This workshop will feature colouring with pens and paints as well as book pages, gems and other bits and pieces! If you have ProMarkers you may wish to bring them with you, but it isn't essential if you don't. The afternoon will be spent making a Mermaid Art Doll. This quirky sea lady will feature fibres, painting, subtle glitter and other lovely things. She will hang from a shelf or on a wall to inspire your creative moments!
If you'd like to book on any of the classes, please contact Topaz Crafts directly...details are in my sidebar.
Okay, relaxation and a night in front of the telly watching the brilliant programme about the fascinating wildlife of Madagascar are calling. Lindsay

8 comments:

Joanne said...

I so want to book a workshop but we still don't have a hosp date for 'peg leg'. It could be the week after Tim's workshop. Anyway, have a ball at Stitches and son't forget to take some photos.
Hugs xxxxx

Artyjen said...

The workshops sound very interesting like the sound of the mermaid.....oh well I must not grumble as I'm doing the T!m one next Friday.
Have fun at the show if it's possible with the long hours involved ;)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay.......I LOVE your workspace :-)......it makes mine look neat!!! I hope you have a great time at Stitches, don't work too hard. See you for the workshops in a couple of weeks. Love and big, big hugs to you and David. S xxx

Anonymous said...

ps........I was in Hobbycraft yesterday and they had your Fairy stamps in their new packaging........looks great, it stands out amongst the others......love it. S x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Everything to hand, work in progress - so what if it's a little out of place!LOL Would have loved angel or mermaid - maybe I could persuade T to come and join in...and maybe not.....
Enjoy Stitches, look forward to seeing your pics.
Love and hugs,
Chrisx

Heather said...

*LOL* Lindsay - you always were a messy madam! Could always tell which side of the bedroom was yours and which was mine!
Heather x

Andy Skinner said...

Hi Linday, It's 22:30 and I am still in the training room preparing!! Going to try and finish early tommorow and de-stress for the evening! I think I am there now apart from packing all the samples....Bring on Stitches...I can't wait!!

Andy Skinner said...

Whoops left the S out of your name...sorry....I will put it down to exhaustion! x