About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Twenty Questions!

Hello all and sorry I haven't posted for a while...you know what it's like though! Anyway, by way of a change, and after chatting to my sister, Heather, on the phone yesterday, when we were discussing things to put onto our blogs, I decided I'd do a little quiz on here. There are twenty questions, all a bit (or a lot!) cryptic, and all with answers that are craft related.

Have a crack at them and, if you'd like the chance of little prize, send me your answers by email at ljm.design@ntlworld,com by Saturday 9th April. Whoever gets the most right answers will win, and if there is more than one person with them all right (or sharing the highest number) then David will draw one winner and I'll post the result - and answers! - on Sunday night. I hope you have fun with this, and that my clues aren't too tricky, or too easy! Good luck!

Okay, eyes down, look in!


1. This inky colour sounds like a tasty morning treat.

Spiced Marmalade distress ink


2. These could be a Top Cat's little card swaps.

ATC's (as in "TC" or "Top Cat" the cartoon character)


3. A little girl having a tantrum whilst crafting might be doing this!

Stamping - always seems to be a little girl thing that!


4. My own feelings are that this is a great UK company!

Personal Impressions - self explanatory!


5. Geordie, Glaswegian, Brummie and Cockney - they're all super shiny!

Glossy Accents...groan!



6. Don't get this ink in the wrong place....it does exactly what it says on the tin!

Stazon ( stays on......)


7. Open an Oyster and you might just find some unimproveable powder!

Perfect Pearls


8. You might think you could stick two paper handkerchiefs together with this.

Tissue Tape


9. This lady goes around, all over and along the edge.

Martha Stewart - as in her punch ranges


10. This paper stash had vanished but then it re-appeared!

Lost & Found by Tim Holtz


11. These tongue twisting American mountains come in lots of lovely colours.

Adirondacks....as in Adirondack ink pads, colourwash dyes etc - any spelling accepted!


12. Don't open this unless all the lights are off! You might ruin the stamps!

Darkroom Door (range of stamps)


13. You could ask this magical man to "Cut it out!"!!!

Wizard - die cutting machine


14. This could clearly be the answer to making a merger.

Wait for it.....BLENDING SOLUTION!!! I can hear the groans already!


15. Mr Pitt might come in handy to help you attach something.

Brad!


16. Are these stamps designed by Superman, Spiderman and Batman?!

Hero Arts - honourable mention for Joanne here with "Stampers Anonymous" which was a

wrong, but great answer!


17. One of this iconic Star Trek race might stick to your rubber stamps!

Kling-On! (mounting sheets for unmounted rubber stamps)


18. A really, really small fastening tool.

Tiny Attacher - tiny stapler from Tim Holtz


19. This clue is transparent. Clearly it's a good stamping surface.

Acetate


20. Don't keep this as a souvenir...use it on your stamps!

Memento - ink pads and pens


Well, there you go! I expect some of you will whizz through those clues and some of you might think "What on earth is she on about!" !!! I say that, because David finds cryptic clues totally nonsensical and I guess he won't be alone! Anyway, hope you have a bit of fun with them and don't forget to email me your answers - just put your answers in numbered order, and don't forget to check back on Sunday 10th to see if you've won! Lindsay

8 comments:

Artyjen said...

What fun....I've wizzed through once but not come up with all the answers by a long chalk!!!
Thanks for your kind thoughts I very much appreciate it :)
xoxo Sioux

Heather said...

*LOL* Lindsay, you were quick off the mark with this quiz, we were only talking about it yesterday!!! I'm with David on this one, pretty rubbish with the cryptic clues ..... I've got about half of them, I think, but have no idea about the rest of them! Heather x

Joanne said...

OMG after reading through once I've got 5!!!! Doubt I shall manage any more before I pull all my hair out. What a tease.
Hugs Joanne xx

SusieJ said...

What a great idea - though some are going to take a lot more thought than others!lol
Hugs xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhh Gonna have a think about some got some quite quickly but mmm others are gonna stump me. LOL at Joannes blog as shes pulled all her hair out doing it. Hee Hee Hazelxoxo

notquitemarthastewart said...

As a person having a marvelous blog
I have given you an award.
Go on over to my blog to find out how to get it. Great stuff x

jordiegirl said...

I'm really enjoying working out the answers to your quiz and have got most of the answers - of course I don't know if I've got them all correct - will email them as soon as I get them all then sit with fingers crossed to see if I win!!!!

nannapat said...

Oh my goodness! I've got down to the final four but I can't see me getting them! Brain cells are in meltdown already so I'll have to let them recover for a while & then have another try. Brill quiz - thank you Lindsay. Pat xx