About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 29 July 2011

What's on this weekend

Well, it's been a dull old day here today, but really warm and clammy. I've spent today making extra samples for this weekend's demonstrations. I'll be at Samuel Taylor's in Leeds tomorrow and then at H G Arts & Crafts on Sunday, which is at Brookside Garden Centre, in Poynton. I'll be stamping, staining, punching and inking...bit of all sorts really! Hope to see some of you at one or other event if you are nearby.
I forgot to post these next two photos the other day....they are of a project that I have in the current issue of Crafts Beautiful magazine. I used the gorgeous Flora and Fauna range from K&Co and, when I received the papers and matching stickers, Grand Adhesions, borders etc I just couldn't decide which ones to use! So, I decided that a configurations box would give me the leeway to use a good mixture! I had so much fun making this, filling corked vials with flower seeds and making tiny labels for them and cramming as many details into, and around the compartments as I could. I didn't use tissue tape for covering the box edges (except for the main frame of the lid) but, instead, I used strips of the K&Co paper to keep the theme going.
I made a matching card and tag as well - the card features MS punches - a deep edge Punch Around the Page set "Wildflowers, and the Punch All Over the Page butterfly. I had to add some Tissue Tape frills to the tag of course!
Hope you like them, and if you'd like the instructions and to see much better photos of them do check out Crafts Beautiful...they photograph everything so well.
There are still a few places on the August 14th Early Christmas workshops that I'll be teaching in St Helens...we'll be using some of my new Christmas stamps and I'll also be demonstrating with these the day before at Crafts 4 U 2 Do. This will be the first showcasing of my new stamps, so I'll be busy getting cards etc made with them next week - can't wait to start on them! (Nice chance to unlock the glitter cabinet!)
I must share a picture with you of two teeny tiny, ever so sweet fairies that I was given by the wonderfully talented Kath.
My photo just doesn't do justice to them, as they are very delicate and measure only about an inch across - if that! The detail on the faces is brilliant and the hair (in ringlets no less!) is incredible. The edges of the tiny wings are even glittered. Thank you Kath. I have earmarked one fairy to sit inside a corked vial in my next configuration box - will show you when I have done it.
Well, time to sign out now and have a few quiet hours before retiring. Have to be up early for the trip over to Leeds tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sheilagh said...

Hello Lindsay!
Just popped over for a peek at what you have been up to, love your crafty doings! the colours are fab hope you are both well, have a good weekend
Sheilagh (crafty addicts Chorley) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay (and David XXXX)love your box and I'll have to make sure I get the magazine your card and Tag are beautiful. Bry has promised me Sunday lunch out, so I've sort of twisted his arm, so hopefully I'll be able to come and see you on Sunday :-)Love and hugs to you both S xxxx

Joanne said...

Those teeny fairies are just - magical. I adore the config. box. That would make a very special ornament to any room. Gorgeous. Not seen that MS flower punch before, it's really super. Have good demos.
Big Hugs Joanne xxxx