About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 8 August 2011

Christmas cards, QVC and a little helper!

Morning everyone, I am just taking a coffee break between making lots of new Christmas card samples for my demonstrations and various events. It's always good to be working with new designs so I am really enjoying this week.....getting the old glitter out always cheers me up!
This Saturday I'll be demonstrating at Crafts 4 U 2 Do in St Helens and I have so many products to show! My new stamps as well as Andy Skinner Christmas designs, Gorjuss Girl stamps and decoupage, Nit Wit festive decoupage, Best Creations papers, Martha Stewart latest Holiday punches.....crikey, I need more hands!
Talking of which, a certain someone decided that he should help out on the design side of things with his very own pencil and paper....... ......though I'm not sure he was too happy with his efforts! Lol! If you are at home this afternoon do tune into QVC as there will be some of my stamps on...I think in the 3pm hour. I haven't made the samples for the show so I'll be interested to see what has been made using them - always fun to see what other people make using my designs! There will also be stamps by my friend Andy as well.
Last Saturday I was at The Craft Box in Elsecar (Barnsley way) where there was a demonstration event to celebrate the opening of their new premises. It's a lovely big (really big!) shop with a very airy, spacious feel. Thanks to Carole for taking these piccies for me on the day! I think my table looks quite tidy for me...for a change! And here's a close up of everyone's favourite card of the day which features the tactile Teddy from Darkroom Door stamp set "Hello Baby". If you look closely at the cards on my table you can also see a girly pink teddy card. Carole kindly emailed me some more photos which I couldn't post as they came out like thumbnails when I save them...David will sort that out though I'm sure, so will show you them once he has got them resized for me.
David and I are really looking forward to Sunday in St Helens too where we will be hosting another day of workshops. These are Christmas themed and using my new stamp designs amongst other things. There are still places available (mostly in the morning session) so if you'd like to come and join in the fun, please drop me an email. There are also more details in my demonstrations and workshop dates sidebar on the left.
So, here are just a couple of cards that I've made for Saturday's Christmas Card Extravaganza! These aren't the workshop projects...they have to be kept under wraps! This first one features my new Elf stamps...cheeky characters! I've kept it pretty simple using Best
Creations Trees paper in the background, highlighted with a white pen. Next is one I've made using Andy's Winter's Tale stamp set. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show it too well as I've used Perfect Pearl Mist on the card and it's reflecting in a rather odd way here! It's been Distress inked, Faux Bleached, stamped and spritzed. The words are from my new PICSA6263 set which has lots of little Christmassy sentiments and words in it. Next is a card using Gorjuss Girl Clear stamps...if you love colouring in these are great. What I really love is the new Martha Stewart Holly Leaves Punch around the Page set which I have tinted using good old Distress inks. Think I will be using this punch rather a lot! The little character just fits in the 3.75" x 5" punched mat perfectly. The verse is from my new stamp set PICSA6264.So, just a few sneaky peeks and I'll post more photos in the next few days. That coffee is stone cold now, so I shall drink it up and get cracking again with more stamping!

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Love all the cards Lindsay - more stamps for me to buy!lol
Hugs xx
p.s.rofl @ Thomas with his pen and paper. :)

Joanne said...

Hope you are bringing BOTH your little helpers on Sunday!!!!!!

Hugs Joanne xxx