About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 12 August 2011

Quick reminder...

....that I'll be at Crafts 4 U 2 Do in St Helens tomorrow as part of their Christmas Card Extravaganza. I've been busy all week making lots of cards for this weekend and next, so I will have lots of samples with me and will share some of them on here next week. Hope to see some of you there tomorrow and on Sunday at the workshops which are also in St Helens.
It's been great using lots of new Christmas stamps, and I have, of course, been working with my Stickles glues. I've just been clearing away and tidying up and I discovered a stray bottle....unfortunately I only spotted it as it whipped up the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner! There's a little job for David!
Next week I'll be off down to London for the QVC Customer event where I'll be teaching twelve workshops over two days - eek! It will be fun though, and a great chance to meet up with lots of very keen crafting ladies and gentlemen. I'll be back late on Friday night and then straight up to Yorkshire on Saturday morning for my demonstration at Samuel Taylor's in Brighouse. So, a busy old week or so ahead!
Thank goodness the rioting (looting) seems to be abating now. The whole of Manchester city centre was a no go area on Tuesday night, with no buses running into, or out of the city itself. Tough for anyone who was stuck there! Even our local supermarket was closed and shuttered and that's in the suburbs. I think politicians need to do a lot of thinking about what measures they are going to take, but I also think that this is something that we, ourselves need to take responsibility for. You know that I often relate tales on here of incidents when I am travelling around the country....more often than not I am complaining about the apathy that bad behaviour is met with from my fellow travellers. I feel very strongly that adults need to take back control so that youngsters (sometimes very young) know their boundaries. We are all individuals and, as such, we often feel that we can't do anything, or are scared to confront antisocial activity, but, if we join together we can confront anything. Think of ants that are so tiny and yet, because they work as an integrated society, they can achieve amazing things. It's time to stop looking away and, instead, support each other in stopping the bad behaviour, that, left unchecked, leads to worse things.
Of course, I'm aware that there are countless very positive young people who would no more think of getting involved with the sort of things we've seen this week than would you or I. If we don't change things soon though, we are going to see more and more scenes of rioting and violence. I'd be interested to know what you all think.
Right, the stamps, papers, inks and samples are all packed up for the weekend now, so it's time to have a few hours to relax this evening. Hope everyone has a lovely, and safe weekend and I'll be back next week with piccies to share.

3 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry won't make it to St Helens, pity because Esther Gundry is going to be there too - two talented ladies together! She has just started an art journal!
Too true about setting boundaries, something we battled with when I was teaching! One mum once said she didn't know why her son behaved like he did - he had everything he could ever need in his room!!! When we asked did she ever remove anything if he misbehaved she was horrified - what would he do when she sent him to his room for misbehaving!!!!
Love to you both,Chrisx
ps. give my love to Esther

soniajones said...

hi lindsay yes rioting here in Liverpool (again) mind you we have bankers robbing and then getting bonuses - politicians robbing and no proscecutions - except a token gesture of one or two - just pay it back (in installments/when you can) - a fine example! Millions spent on the Olympics (but we're in debt to the tune of billions)and right in the middle of a poor area of London! ok I'll stop now (could go on forever!!)xx

lindsay mason said...

You should come over and keep me company on the *rant* site Sonia, I'm all alone ! David.xx