About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 7 September 2011

The five Counties

Last weekend involved quite a bit of travelling, hence today's post title. On Saturday I was at Weavervale Garden Centre in Northwich which was a very busy day as you can see from this photo that David took. Kate was rushing around finding stamps, card etc for customers and it was a very jolly day with a lot of fun amidst the creativity! I hope to back there before Christmas, so will keep you posted.
From there, David ran me to the train station in Manchester where I boarded the train for the two and a half hour trip across the country to Grimsby. It was a beautiful journey that went through the lush green hills of Derbyshire and Yorkshire...in my opinion some of the most beautiful scenery in Britain. Along the way the clouds kept changing quite dramatically from fluffy white, through mottled Mackerel skies to heavy, rain filled moodiness. As the train slowed at one point I saw three Roe deer calmly watching us pass them by...a big tick in my imaginary spotter's book!
By the time I reached Grimsby Town it was dark and I was glad that the hotel was literally round the corner from the station. I realised that I had gone, in one day, through Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire and, finally, Lincolnshire! Whew....no wonder I felt tired!
Next day I was at Grimsby Crafts for another very busy day. Lynn had set up three big tables for me so I was able to spread everything out - not sure how I still managed to make an untidy mess! Unfortunately I didn't take my camera, so no pics to share of the day. Thank you for all the lovely feedback ladies, I really enjoyed meeting you all. Again, I'll hopefully be back there before too long.
My journey home was fine except for the two families who seemed to think that the train was a private one just for them! They were not travelling together, but both had very unruly offspring who spent the entire time running up and down the aisles, throwing things around and shouting at the top of their, very loud, voices. Despite all the black looks from everyone else, one set of parents completely ignored the hullabaloo whilst the others spent their time shouting and swearing (very strongly) at their young children...who totally ignored them. Modern parenting eh?! Needless to say, it felt like quite a long journey home!
So, this week has been spent working on some designs as well as prepping all the kits for the workshops this coming Sunday. I have just found out this afternoon that there is now a place available on the class due to a cancellation through illness. So, if you'd like to join us on a Christmassy crafting day, just drop me an email and I'll send you the details. We'll be making snowmen themed cards in the morning and a Triptych piece in the afternoon. Poor David drew the short straw (well he offered actually!) and spent today cutting up the pieces of mountboard for the afternoon session...I could almost see the Tom & Jerry type throbbing hand by the time he'd finished!
Well, before the workshops I have a trip down to Norwich to demonstrate at Jarrolds department store. I'll be on the third floor in the art & craft department - I'm usually opposite the lifts, so you can't miss me! Hope to see some of you there.
I'll be back after the weekend with some new photos to share and a few more tales from my travels no doubt. Welcome to new followers and readers and I hope you'll enjoy popping by here rom time to time. Lastly, do check out Personal Impressions website where Richard has added some more of my projects (with instructions) and samples.

2 comments:

Glennis F said...

Wow - busy person Lindsay, I hope you get a little relaxing time in between workshops

Joanne said...

You don't half get about. This weekend is a marathon eh? Enjoy the workshop on sunday. I shall be thinking about you during my appointment with the Bra Lady!!
Hugs Joanne xx