About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 9 January 2012

Crafts Beautiful project

Hello everyone. Thought I'd write a quick post this evening whilst David is watching a drama that I missed the start of. I've had quite a productive day, getting some specific stamp designs finished and posted off, doing some last minute grocery shopping planning a new magazine project and cooking dinner. After the long break that I've had, it did feel like a day of good results!
Whilst I was out I saw that the February issue of Crafts Beautiful is in the shops now, so I can share pictures of my Steampunk project that's in there. I used the Steampunk stamp set from Darkroom Door (DDRSO68) which has some great images - good value too as there are twenty stamps on the sheet....at least twenty....I keep losing count!
I created two cards and a shadow box and also used the Donna Salazar Sprightly Sprockets Spellbinders set (SBS5-048) mixed in with TH metal sprockets and Timepieces. I had great fun making this set. If you'd like the list of materials and instructions do grab a copy of Crafts Beautiful magazine.
Here's a close up of the shadow box at a better angle to show the dimensional effect. If you're a Steampunk fan, Andy Skinner has posted a video of a short animated film with a Steampunk feel. Worth taking a look...and checking out Andy's creations too, of course!
As it's Monday I just have time to add a link to Crafting Buddies which is run by my friend Joanne. It began as somewhere to post about our pets who "join in" with crafting, but has now become somewhere to show any of our animal friends.
This picture is of a Seagull who I met in Aberdeen station when I was waiting for my train home a few weeks ago. He was very bold and very sure that I would have something tasty in my bag! Of course, he picked the right person and I was able to offer hime some biccies from the hotel! If it wasn't for his rather dashing pink feet and yellow beak I don't think you'd be able to see him at all!
After me telling you that Tara was not happy at all about living with Thomas, it turns out that she just wanted him to make an honest kitty of her......
......mmmm, slight lie there. She is as grumpy as ever and I think her pose is more one of "we are not amused" than a blushing bride! Definitely not "I do", more like "in your dreams"!
One of the supermarkets here was selling chocolate eggs before Christmas and, today, I see that most of the shops have now got a range of them in. Am I the only one who finds this cynical and manipulative. No wonder we feel as though time goes by more quickly now when we are rushed from one point in the year to the next with no time to take stock (sorry about the unintentional pun!) in between.
Okay, that's all for tonight. I am just going to check that those links work and then relax for a bit before bed time. Hardly slept last night, so I am hoping to do better tonight. Tomorrow I'll be working on card samples and a new project, so hope for another productive day! Sleep well everyone!
PS the links did NOT work, so am hoping I have now done them correctly!

7 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

Fabulous projects Lindsey! Looking forward to seeing you next month :)

Rachel Greig said...

whoops, typo on your name! Sorry!!

Joanne said...

Wow, seems you did a weeks worth of work in one day there. I admire all things steampunk because I just can't get to grips with it. Love the men images on those super samples. Can't believe it's a year since you were preparing the last Stitches show so understand about eggs at Christmas. When I retired I took a part time job in retail so know exactly what you mean.
Hugs Joanne xx

Artyjen said...

Think you are right about the eggs and the rushing to the next event thing! ;)
Living by the sea I find seagulls a veritable pain but the colours on your pal are so cute...i feel inspiration for a colour combo card coming on :)
xoxo Sioux

Lynne wilkes said...

Hi Lundsay
I follow your blog as I admire your work,we did meet once or twice a long time ago! Glad you are feeling up to doing your card work again,just have to take one day at a time ad enjoy each day xxx

maz said...

Good to see you are able to delight us again with your brilliant projects.

Love thr photos of your cats - and a great photo of the seagull, he looks like he was persistent in his wait for the biccys.

Hope to see you again in Darlington soon. Til then take care.
Maria xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful projects, I love the piccie of your cat so sweet
Lindsay xx