About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Saturday 4 February 2012

Frighteningly cold......bbbrrrr!!!

David walked to the village shops this afternoon. It was drizzling with rain and sleet and he came back soaked and icily chilled. A hot water bottle, a cuddly throw and a hot coffee, plus a warm towel hair rub just about thawed him out. Thomas decided that the throw was too tempting to resist and nabbed David's spot as soon as he moved - comfy chair, furry throw and a radiator close by....one happy cat!A couple of hours later and I decided to put some things into the recycling bins outside. I put my foot onto the first of the two steps and just managed to stop myself from going "A over T"! The steps were completely covered in black ice, despite the fact that it's pouring down. I put a bit of salt on the steps and scrubbed the ice off before tentatively going outside again. I thought I might freeze on the spot and then spotted these.....
......icicles hanging from the bottom of the conservatory window surround! So it's time to batten down the hatches, draw the curtains and snuggle in for the night. Thomas and Tara are definitely not being allowed out or they'll have frost bitten toes!
Just to prove that I have actually been working (what with all the lack of photo evidence lately!) here is my table from this afternoon. Not too messy for me really! The bottle of sparkling water is not there for me to drink but for my brushes! I discovered (one day when I was too engrossed in work to get tap water for my painting pot so I poured in some of my sparkly soda) that if you pop brushes into sparkling water it fizzes through the bristles and gets them clean with very little effort - top tip there! And here's a very naughty, sneaky peek of the new stamp sets that arrived yesterday. They will be in clear Polymer when they are in the shops, but I am using the pre-production rubber versions. It took hours to attach the KlingOn cushioning and cut round them all and I had a very sore thumb by the end of it! There are loads of them, as you can see..... and lots of samples to make. Right, time to sign off now. Keep warm and cosy everyone!

5 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh!!! That does look cold although Thomas looks contented enough. Enjoy a snuggly evening!
Love, Chrisx
ps tried squinting at your samples but can't make anything out, roll on Tuesday!!

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Chilly!! We don't have icicles here but it is very cold.
Looks like Thomas found the right place but then cat's are clever like that!LOL
xoxo Sioux

lisa_crofts said...

Brr looks cold. It been very hot and muggy here in perth wa. Have a look at a versatool that will save your hands.

Joanne said...

Despite our new outside insulation, today has been cold. My boiler temp. control increased to 1/4 past on the dial today!!! what a saving there from 10 to last year. I would love a warm cuddle from that there Thomas, sorry David, you are too cold!! See you soon lovely lady.
Hugs Joanne xx

Handmade by Elaine said...

Hiya, loving your top tip with the brushes!It took me 4 hours to get home from my mum's on Saturday (usually a 20 min drive!)because of the snow fall we had. Hope you and David are well:0)
Hope to see you soon!?!?
take care and keep warm
Elx