About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Sunday 12 February 2012

Three more stamp sets

It's another very dull day here, but at least it's not as cold, so there's always an upside! Returning to the coast, though we can't see the sea from where we are, is wonderful - hearing Seagulls every morning reminds makes me pinch myself to make sure I'm not just dreaming! I absolutely love anything to do with the sea, so it's no surprise that I have included some watery designs in the new stamps sets.
Here are three more, starting with "Melissa" (PICSA6284) a Mermaid with a couple of her watery friends as well as some seaweed, wavy lines and an appropriate phrase. I'll be using this set a lot, I know!
Here are some tags I made using the Melissa set, as well as some of the images I shared last night and some that I haven't posted yet. I've been really enjoying using lots of luscious colours. The words are either the phrases from the sets, or using my two new alphabet sets. The next set is simply called "Seaside" (PICSA6287) for obvious reasons! If you're on a beach can you resist picking up a shell and having a listen?! The third set is nothing to do with the sea! This is an A5 set called "shelves" (PICSA5277) which includes the craft shelf, toy shelf and gardening shelf which were released originally as wooden stamps. I've been asked at various demonstrations whether I'd be doing any more shelf designs so I have taken note and we now have the kitchen and teenage/mens shelf designs too. Here are two cards made using the Gardening shelf and the Kitchen version - hard to see in the pictures, but the shelves are 15 mm deep, so there's a lot of dimension. I'll try and get a better snap of them. I'll be writing instructions for how I typically use them - I'm sure these will be going up onto the PI website.
S0, there's another little preview and I'll share more later. The stamps will be available from March from anyone who stocks Personal Impressions products.
Right, I'm off to make some more show samples - I'm using Martha Stewart paints today and I've also got to cut out 80 post it note masks, stamp and tear out 30 phrases and stamp and cut out 50 assorted greetings for my Stitches workshops! My thumb is aching at the very thought!

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh Lindsay, I did ask if you needed any more help. I can do tearing and kit assembling, after all, I spend a lot of time on Twitter watching Mario's BTS pictures.......LOL
Hugs Joanne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous stamps Lindsay, especially love your mermaid and the shelves! Hope you get everything done and have time to chill later! Love, Chrisx

Anonymous said...

I already have your Gardening and Wizard shelf in wooden stamps. Love this new shelves clear set with so many possibilities. The samples of all your cards are, as usual, brilliant.
Christina x A Maze of Memories

Lindsay Mason said...

Thanks ladies, your comments are much appreciated - Chris, I am trying to make up for teasing you with those sneaky peeks last week that showed very little! Joanne, you know how much I appreciate you,Lindsay x

Redanne said...

Lindsay, the new shelf stamps are just amazing - already the craft room and children's shelf - now I need the others too, they are so versatile. Thanks for bringing us more!

Andy Skinner said...

Oh..... I love those tags Lindsay, looks like your being very productive this week!
I picked up my sets yesterday...guess what?? nothing to mount them on! Phoned the only stamp shop in the area to see if they had any, and they were out of stock so I am well and truly stuck... Hey ho :)