About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Saturday 22 December 2012

What a wash out

Goodness it's rained today. I'd been going to go into the village to join in the singing in the square this morning - the same band that Heather and I saw at the theatre were playing. It was so dark, wet and windy though, that I just didn't relish standing outside for an hour or so!
I decided to take the bus to Blackpool instead....I must have been mad. The water was running through the streets and it was really cold. I ventured into M & S food department which was completely manic but I did get the bread sauce that was on the top of my shopping list! It was always mum's favourite bit of Christmas dinner. I had a voucher to spend at M & S and had planned to use it against my food shopping. It was only as I was coming home that I realised I'd forgotten to use it - duh!
By the time I got back I was frozen and soaked through so after huddling by the fire with Tara I decided to run a bubble bath - it's the only way to really get warm again after a soaking. Then it was a bowl of papardelle pasta with mushrooms (yum) as I settled down to watch Strictly. I have so enjoyed the whole Strictly thing - isn't it nice to have proper, old fashioned entertainment on a Saturday night? 
I really didn't have a particular favourite to win from the final four as I thought they were all brilliant. I was very pleased with the result though - I won't give anything away as I know some people may be watching it on catch up or recording! Saturday telly will be much duller now.
I'm off to church in the morning and will be doing my last bit of food shopping before walking home...it does seem odd going shopping straight after church but half the congregation seem to do the same thing! I just hope it's a bit dryer tomorrow.
Welcome to new followers and thank you for all the cards that I've received both real and virtual! I'll be back for a last pre-Christmas post tomorrow. Sleep tight everyone.

2 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Uh! Oh! how many times have I forgotten to use vouchers?!! Have loved watching SCD and pleased with tonights winner! Chrisxx

Paul B said...

Agreed, it was a totally sodden day! I went out in it and came back looking like i'd already had a bath. A hot chocolate soon warmed me lol. Enjoy the service today and hope the shops are quieter. Pxxxxxxxx