About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 8 February 2013

Washed up

Hello folks, hope everyone has a great weekend planned. For me, it's the last weekend before Stitches, so the final push to get samples made and then I can have a free day to organise my clothes, bags and what have you. David always used to make sure I did as little as possible the day before going to the show, so he would launder and iron my clothes, go through my check list of things to take and generally take over so I could relax. That little bit of time off is great before such a busy few days, so I'll try to be as organised as I can. There's a lot more to take than when I do most of my demonstrations - I need more outfits for a start! - so it takes a bit of sorting especially as I'll be travelling by train of course. You'd be surprised what I can get into my old Tardis case though!
I took a couple of snaps in my workroom today. This one is of the shelf where I display some of my work, both old and new.
Bit of a blue theme going on here! No close ups of anything, but you can see the type of thing I've been up to. The disembodied head at the front is from a broken ornament and is waiting to go into a configurations box at some time in the future!
This was my table earlier when I was busy cutting out toadstools....
 .....ready to go onto the background panel that I made using Distress Stains including the metallic pewter which gives a lovely shimmer to the surface. My oil burner is simmering away on the table to keep me feeling relaxed and calm! Next to that is my favourite coffee mug...just a nice size and with a lovely bunny design. It was from M&S and I wanted to get the duckling one from the same series but they discontinued them before I got the chance...don't you hate it when that happens?!
You may wonder why I titled this post "washed up"...well, my washing is still trapped in the machine but help is at hand! I have a new machine coming tomorrow...the cheapest new one that I could find and nice and simple. They don't fit them though, so the plumber who fixed the kitchen floor is coming on Monday to set it up and to free my knickers! (He's promised not to look!) So, I'll be doing plenty of laundry after the weekend - hopefully!
The double trouble pair have been fed and gone out for a trot around the neighbourhood so it's time for me to sort out my own dinner now. Then it's an early night for me ahead of the delivery men possibly turning up at 7am! I dare say they won't arrive till much later, but I don't want another embarrassing wardrobe malfunction so I want to be ready!
Have a good weekend everyone, whatever you're doing.

7 comments:

Paul B said...

It'll be a relief to have your machine sorted. Your samples look amazing. Can you believe Stitches is only a week away? Hope you have a good weekend. Pxxx

Lynnda said...

Samples looking great, looking forward to seeing you at Stitches.

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabby samples Lindsay.. you have been busy! Hope you can get organised at the start of the week then rest up xxx
Have a great weekend.
Warm hugs, Gez xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hope by now you have started your big laundry session! Dying to get my hands on some of your stamps -these samples look fabulous! Make sure you get that day off before you go! Hugs, Chrisx

Joanne said...

I just hope you get your undies sorted!!! I will be able to visualise you at the show and I can already hear folk ordering your stamps. I love all the bright colours and 'funky' styles. Well done on a great set of samples. Still amazes me where the ideas come from.
Xx

Lindsay Mason said...

Thanks everyone! I'm really trying to make colourful samples and I have even done some that aren't in my signature purple, blue and pink tones! Lindsay x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay.....LOVE ♥♥♥ your samples...really cheery. Your new stamps are looking good and I know they will sell well. I am going to have a mooch now I'm here to have a look at your other samples. Love S xxx