About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Memories...

Thank you for all the good wishes that have been sent my way as I commemorate the first anniversary of losing David. It's so uplifting to know that people have been thinking about me today. Thank you also for the kind wishes that have been sent to us as a family and to Heather and Graham in particular.
I spent yesterday evening painting a small memorial slate which I placed beside David's rose in the garden this morning. I spent a few hours in the garden as it was beautifully sunny here. Planting and watching things growing has become a very precious thing to me, so it was a lovely way to spend the morning.
 This afternoon I opened my memory box with lots of special mementos inside as well as all the cards that we received when David was ill and after he passed away. I spent quite some time going through everything and remembering all the events that unfolded last year and this evening I lit candles in the garden and sat beside his resting place for a while.
 I've been remembering lots of wonderful things from our life together....funny things that made me smile, moments when we battled through things together, times when my "Superdave" came to my rescue on more than one occasion.....lots of memories.
I've also been considering all the ups and downs of the last twelve months, the roller coaster ride that has made me a much stronger, wiser person. I've discovered hidden strengths, taken on new roles, made new, supportive friends and also become much healthier and fitter. I think (I know) that David would approve of everything...and I also know that he is still with me, guiding me through it all - helping me to know when to follow a particular path or when to cut off something negative that would drag me down.
I've been listening to lots of music today, as well as "singing" some songs that were, are relevent to us. I thought I'd share this hymn which is one that we played at David's funeral as we were leaving the church. Then it was a choral piece, but I found this version today, by a singer I've never heard of, which I like because the beautiful words are really clear.
I hope you enjoy listening to it, it's a very contemplative and comforting hymn.
Thank you again for the good wishes that I've received - I'll pass on those for Heather and Graham of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, lots of love coming your way. I have been thinking of you today....David will always be looking after you and I know he would be so proud of you and all you have achieved. Take care dear lady, I'll be in touch soon. Love to Heather too. Love S xxx
ps...your photos are lovely. X

Artyjen said...

Thinking of you. Now starts another journey....where David will still be with you but in a different way. Life is for living...we owe it to those who have gone before us to make sure that happens. It is what they would wish for us :)
Big hugs
xoxo Sioux