About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Down tools!

That is to say my pencil, pens and paper. Yes, it's that glorious moment when I have carefully packed new stamps designs ready for posting tomorrow....always a tricky moment when I hand them over at the Post Office counter....will they look after them, will they bend or even...fold my package? 
Yesterday I started first thing and worked right through till around 7pm and I'd been cooped up inside so long that I went straight into the garden and did some weeding. Well, it was more like grabbing armfuls of Mare's Tail, Sticky Willie (yes, I know, but that's what it's called!) and dandelions. I think I filled about seven bucketfuls and only stopped because my green recycling bin was full. When I came inside I was shocked to see that it was 8.30pm! Beautiful day though, so at least I'd had some sunshine at the end of it.
It didn't even seem that dark when I went to bed - don't you just love these long, light days? I was up at six this morning and, after a quick cup of fruit tea, straight back to work in a last push to get things finished.
So, all done and I am having a day off tomorrow...yaaaaayy! I'm meeting Heather for lunch in Blackpool and then we're meeting up with one of Heather's friends at the Grand theatre to see the Joe Orton play "Entertaining Mr Sloane". I saw the film with Beryl Reid, Harry Andrews and the very dishy Peter McEnery many years ago but I don't remember too much about it except that Peter McEnery was half naked for much of the time! So, it remains to be seen if we'll need the smelling salts tomorrow!
After the theatre I have to hot foot it to the station to get the local train (miles faster than the bus) and then dash home in time to get ready for the second of two film nights I'm hosting. We'll be watching Les Miserables (my third time in a month!) in preparation for our study course that starts next week. The tissues will be on hand again along with the sausage rolls, crisps and cakes!
So, a busy sort of day off but at least my eyes will be getting a rest from all that close work.
It's absolutely scorching here and very muggy too. I've just given everywhere a tidy and quick once over in preparation for tomorrow evening and I'm exhausted now! So, time for a cool shower I think and then couch potato night.
It didn't look quite so summery in the photo from this date last year! Look at that little mischief maker....
....not sure if she was having a swift drink or waiting for the main meal to fly in! 
On Saturday I'll be back at Dainty Supplies in Washington, Tyne and Wear from 10.30am. I'll be using a selection of stamps, Viva Decor products and lots of Ranger inks including Dylusions sprays. Do pop in and say hello if you're in the area.
Right, time for that shower now and then it's a chicken salad for dinner...no home grown salad yet...in fact I haven't even planted the lettuce yet! Must get that job done this weekend.
Enjoy the weather everyone but remember to hydrate and try and stay cool....I keep mini misters filled with cold water by my bed at night when it gets muggy - gives Thomas a bit of a shock but it does the trick!

2 comments:

Paul B said...

Hope you're enjoying the good weather for your day off :) and have a great time watch Entertaining Mr Sloane. Joe Orton is always a riot. Hope it's as good as you remember Pxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Hope the film night went well Lindsay and you are having a great weekend up North.. how busy are you!! Take care xx